Sunday, April 10, 2011
Baby Showers!
I've been very blessed to have been given three baby showers. The first shower came in January when I was moving from the phone team at work to another team. John and I hadn't even registered yet and it was a complete surprise. That's where we received most of the new clothes for baby. We also received some other essential items like baby wash, baby powder and diapers. It was a wonderful blessing! The next shower was the family/friend one. I don't have many friends who live near by and John's family is scattered throughout the country so we decided to combine everyone. We received a lot of items off of our registry. The bigger items we received included the crib mattress, the stroller/car seat combo, the bouncer and the bath tub. We also got a lot of cute clothing items that were a great fit for our theme! The games we played were also fun. The first one was a sheet of paper that had a quote from a children's story book and you had to figure out the name of the book. I got 10 of them right which I thought was kind of impressive (especially since that's how many the winner got right too). The second game was "The Price is Right" where you had to guess the value of a variety of baby items they bought. The person closest without going over was the winner...well, everyone went over so it was just the closest person. My sisters planned this shower and they did a great job! Oh...and the food was AMAZING! :) Finally, the ladies at my church also planned a shower. We all went to The Gathering Place for breakfast which is such a great place to eat! One lady got a few toys, a bottle brush and some receiving blankets for us. Everyone also went in on a gift card to Buy Buy Baby. I'm sure we'll have lots of fun spending it on things to finish our registry and maybe get some things that we had decided not to register for at the time. Since our house is kind of small it's been quite a task trying to find a place for everything. I'm taking a couple days off from work so that I can really clean and organize things. I believe it's called "nesting"...lol. But we have been so blessed by everyone in our lives and we thank you all so much for your gifts! I think we're about ready now to meet the little one! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Shari and John:
I am so happy that you guy's where so blessed with everything you got from all three showers. I had so much fun planning the family/friends shower. I am so glad you liked the games we played. I am looking forward to me my new nephew soon.
Post a Comment