Monday, February 20, 2012

Hunter's Stew

I got this recipe from my mom. I know she's told me where she got it from but I don't remember where. But this is a great meal, though a little pricey if you don't already have some of the ingredients.

Ingredients:

2 lbs. ground beef
Onion
2 cans uncondensed minestrone soup (I use Progresso)
1 can Bush's baked beans
32 ounces V8 Juice
1 can of corn
2 Tbs. brown sugar
3 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Directions:

Brown beef and onion together, drain
Mix all ingredients in large pot and heat through

*The last two times I've done this I put everything in the crock pot and let it sit on low for a couple of hours. Keep in mind though that you'll want to leave the lid off while it's heating or remove it for about a half an hour before serving. For some reason this enhances the flavor.



Enjoy! :)

No comments: