Well I know we've all heard the news but I'm posting it anyway. On Friday, Septemeber 21 John asked me to marry him. I have never been happier in my life. I love him so much.
About a week before this he asked me if I wanted to go for a walk on the boardwalk where we used to go all the time and then to Carrabba's for dinner. So that was the plan. Well the day comes and it's about 80 degrees outside but it's also about 6:00pm so John says he's going to take a long sleeved shirt "just in case." I didn't think much of it and decided it was probably a good idea. So we went there and right off the boardwalk there's a path that follows a stream for a little ways and we used to go and fish there a lot (it's where I caught my first fish). Soon after getting there he pulled me into a hug and told me he loved me. At the same time I guess he dropped the shirt that the box was wrapped in and got the box ready. As we pulled apart from the hug the next thing I knew he was down on one knee asking me to marry him. I was so shocked that I could barely say yes. Of course I did and now we're engaged! I still can't believe it some days. I'm still getting used to having the ring on because I tend to hit it on things throughout the day. John and I are going to take some pictures tonight and then I'll post them on here so you all can see how happy we are.
Thanks to everyone who have been supportive of us and all who have congratulated us since the announcement. We really appreciate and love all of you very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment