Monday, April 21, 2008

My Dress! (and other things)

So if you haven't heard my wedding dress came in the other day! I absolutely love it! It is SO BEAUTIFUL! I also bought shoes to go with it today, a bit untraditional because they're not white but I think they look really nice with it. Of course I haven't actually tried them on together yet because I can't get into my dress without help and I won't until I go to my fittings. So then I'll decide if they actually look good together.

This past weekend Aunt Delaire came up from Alabama and surprised Aunt Damian. Then they both came and stayed with Mom H., John and I. It was so much fun. On Friday I picked up my dress with my mom and then she took me to their house. It was nice to see the aunts again since I haven't seen them since the beginning of March. Which isn't a long time considering I won't see them again until the wedding. But they are so much fun to be around and I'll post some pictures that we took outside the house later. Mom H. got new carpet laid on Friday too so when the three of them went out dancing John and I vacuumed and cleaned it all up so that they could relax when they got home (which wasn't until 2 a.m. mind you.) John and I were worried sick! Not really, but aunt Delaire felt the need to make up excuses like a teenager would. "You wouldn't believe it! First, we ran out of gas and then we got a flat tire!" At first I was genuinely concerned until I realized she was just being her hilarious self.

On Saturday John and I went to a wedding for one of his coworkers. It was nice. The flower girl and the ring bearer were so cute and at first they didn't want to go down the aisle but then the ring bearer grabbed the flower girl's hand and ran down to the front. It was adorable! After the ceremony John and I went to Olga's and Sears before hitting the reception. The reception was at the Cultural Center on East Paris. It was nice but the dance floor was in a room that connected to the dinning room so we couldn't see any of the nice dances. But that's okay, we had a nice time talking with John's "boss" Chris and his wife and another coworker. It was also an open bar so we took a bit of an advantage of that but not much, John indulged by trying things he wouldn't normally try since still had to drive. After we got home we hung out with the family again and aunt Delaire showed us a very funny wedding video on youtube. Aunt Damian also showed us a great video of some tap dancers from America's Got Talent. On Sunday John and I missed church so that we could have a few last minutes with them before they had to leave. It was a great weekend!

No comments: